Flying Monkey Con Presents:
THE FLYING MONKEY AGE OF SIGMAR GT
When? September 28th - 29th, 2024 - Saturday and Sunday
What? An Age of Sigmar grand tournament
Who? The Flying Monkey Team is hosting the event!
- The Flying Monkey Grand Tournament is a competitive Age of Sigmar tournament taking place during the Flying Monkey Con.
- Expect some fun competition as we are expecting high caliber play taking place.
- Tickets are $85.
- Please be sure to look for official rulings/answered questions on our Facebook page, and also on our answered questions tab located on the far right of the website.
- Our Grand Tournament will be a qualifier for the World Championships of Warhammer hosted by Games Workshop!
1 for Warhammer Age of Sigmar
- If you have any questions feel free to ask! Click on the Rules Questions tab and submit yours now
- Games will be played at 2,000 points.
- Age of Sigmar Tournament Packet - coming soon
- Paint Rubric - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZhSNMEmftyfnYAYu4ZV-H6bFjznqXvfl/view?usp=sharing
- 5 Rounds
- List are due by - September 21, 2024
- FAQ and Rules Cut-off is - September 21, 2024
- Conversions and model request are due by - September 21, 2024
- Games will be submitted to the ITC through Best Coast Pairings, please see ITC Ranking to see where you are in the world rankings! RANKINGS
- Participants can bring their own chess clock if desired
Day 1 - Saturday, Sept 28, 2024
- Registration: 7:30a - 8:45 a
- Round 1: 9:00 a - 11:45 a
- Lunch: 11:45 a - 12:45 p
- Popular Vote Painting: 11:45 a - 12:45 p
- Round 2: 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Round 3: 3:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Army Paint Judging - 6:30 p.m. - Close
Day 2 - Sunday
- Round 4: 9:00 a - 11:45 a
- Lunch: 11:45 a - 12:45 p
- Round 5: 12:45 p - 3:30 p
- Awards/Announcements: 4:00 p
Best general - Best combination of battle, paint, and sportsmanship points will determine the winner of Best General
1st place - Individual with highest battle points
2nd place - Individual with 2nd highest battle points
Best in Faction - Order
Best in Faction - Chaos
Best in Faction - Death
Best in Faction - Destruction
Best Painted Army - Highest Points awarded per our painting rubric
Dead Freaking Last - The individual who scored the lowest overall battle points
- W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G - We want to strongly encourage the players to model their miniatures in a way that is fair to their opponent and is in the spirit of the game. We also encourage conversion work, that said if you have a conversion that might be questionable please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photo's of the model.
- Battle Ready Armies - If you plan on playing in our tournament your entire army must be battle ready. If you are unsure what battle ready is please click the link to see an example. If we find that any of your models within the army is not battle ready, the model must be pulled and you will lose your paint points for the entire tournament. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJvXVjt1BBq-5ZWT28ak-t_uTbKKC6Dq/view?usp=sharing
- Basing - Your models must be based on the appropriate round base if not, they will not be allowed to be used.
- Harassment - Harassment is treated on a case by case basis. That said any one found harassing an individual for any reason based on sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or for any other reason we deem demeaning to the individual being harassed we will ask the person harassing to leave immediately without exception. We have never had an issue before and we hope to never have to use this policy
- Refunds - Flying Monkey Con maintains the policy of not issuing refunds within 90 days of the event, any requests after that will not be processed. No refunds after June 28, 2024.
- Illegal Lists - The Flying Monkey GT maintains the policy, if your list is found to be illegal on the FIRST DAY, we will handle the illegal list in a simple way if your list is illegal because of points error, the units/models that are not correct because of points will not be allowed to be played with for the rest of the tournament, and if you do not do this you will be disqualified. On the SECOND DAY if your list is found to be illegal in any way, you will be disqualified from the tournament, no exceptions. Upon either instances on either day if your list is illegal you are not eligible for any prize support
- Cheating - If it is found that you are intentionally cheating in any way at the Flying Monkey GT you will be immediately disqualified and asked to leave the Con.